David Beck re:NW Coast Sprachbund

Sat Jan 23 01:59:50 UTC 1999

LaXayem siXs,

The paper that's been mentioned which discusses the extent of
relationships among the language families of the NW Coast is:
Beck, David.  "Grammatical convergence and the genesis of diversity in the
Northwest Coast Sprachbund."  Henry may be right about its being in the
1997 Salish conference preprints; you can also do a websearch for David
Beck.  A good search engine will take you to his homepage containing a
list of his publications.

(David gave me a copy of the paper at this year's Salish conference, even
though we were assigned to the same dorm room and my snoring tortured him
mercilessly!)  Na-munk hayash tintin pus na-musEm!

Best wishes,
Dave R.

 *VISIT the archives of the CHINOOK jargon and the SALISHAN & neighboring*
		    <=== languages lists, on the Web! ===>
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/salishan.html
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/chinook.html