Dzonoqua, Siatko, etc [Fwd: Jewitt etc] (fwd)

Wed Jan 27 01:25:41 UTC 1999

Klahowya, Scott pe kanawi msayka!

Nawitka, weght mayka tumtum, tlonas Scott yaka tiki mash ukuk tzem kapa
kanawi nesaika.  Na klush, Scott?

KLush san,
Dave

[PS -- Wek naika tumtem ukuk 'tsiatko' chaku kapa uk Kwakiutl pi
Nuucha'nulh; ilip hayu tilkhem tumtem yaka chaku kapa Selish; Chehalis?
I dunno if 'tsiatko' comes from Kw. or Nu.; most folks seem to believe
it's from Salishan; Chehalis?  -- It's also a CJ word, by the way; cf.
Skookum, Stik Sawash, etc.]

 *VISIT the archives of the CHINOOK jargon and the SALISHAN & neighboring*
		    <=== languages lists, on the Web! ===>
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/salishan.html
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/chinook.html