T.C. Elliott, "Journal of David Thompson"

Wed Mar 10 05:32:30 UTC 1999

page 62:  'Thloos, good, Kummertacks __ I understand or know it,
Knick-me-week-no-se-ye, far off.  Pesheek, bad.'

In order, the pronunciations I know for these words are:

*Lush
*kEmtEks
*
*p'ishaq

The 3rd item puzzles me.  Does it contain /saya/ "far away"?  In any case,
what are the initial four syllables?

This is from the Quarterly of the Oregon Historical Society, volume xv,
number 1, March, 1914.

Dave

 *VISIT the archives of the CHINOOK jargon and the SALISHAN & neighboring*
		    <=== languages lists, on the Web! ===>
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/salishan.html
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/chinook.html