[Corpora-List] Collocations & BNC

Krishnamurthy, Ramesh r.krishnamurthy at aston.ac.uk
Mon Mar 31 10:02:02 UTC 2008

"the relationship between collocationality and (what are becoming known as) multi-word expressions?"

I think:
John Sinclair - The search for units of meaning
(orig publ Textus IX 1996; republ as Chapt 2, Trust the Text, Routledge 2004)
is a good place to start...

All topics are potentially corpus-tractable?

Best
Ramesh Krishnamurthy
Lecturer in English Studies, School of Languages and Social Sciences,
Aston University, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
Tel: +44 (0)121-204-3812 ; Fax: +44 (0)121-204-3766 [Room NX08, 10th
Floor, North Wing of Main Building]
http://www.aston.ac.uk/lss/school/staff/krishnamurthyr.jsp
Director, ACORN (Aston Corpus Network project): http://acorn.aston.ac.uk/