[Corpora-List] Reviewers

Yuri Tambovtsev yutamb at mail.ru
Sat Oct 1 09:20:27 UTC 2011

Surely, it is good to abolish any reviewers. Usually, the reviewers write what they were taught long ago. Besides, they have no time to penetrate into the logic construction of the report or article. So, only "grey" products are aproved. Brilliant reports or articles are thrown away. So, the reviewers make linguistics not brilliant. The other thing is, why the reviewers think that they know linguistics better? Why do they think that any other linguist cannot distinguish a good article from a bad article? I noticed that usually grey articles with nothing to discuss are published. Reviewers gladly recommend the articles in which the common and stale ideas are repeated. Please, share your ideas on abolishing the reviewers as the hindrence of the progress in linguistics to my e-mail addtess yutamb at mail.ru  Be well, Yuri Tambovtsev, a reviewer