[Lingtyp] terminological question about local cases/adpositions

Christian Lehmann christian.lehmann at uni-erfurt.de
Wed Mar 24 15:20:21 UTC 2021

Am 24.03.21 um 16:09 schrieb Greville Corbett:
> One solution is to use the Latin APUD, SUB, SUPER and so on, where
> APUD generalises over apud-essive and apud-lative, and so on. I
> believe that was done by Aleksandr Kibrik (sorry I can’t find the
> right source at present). Compare Daniel & Ganenkov in their chapter
> on case marking in Dagestanian languages in the /Handbook of Case/
> (Malchukov & Spencer). This extracts the first part of your pairs of
> terms, and it gives enough distance to avoid the English problem.
> Very best, Grev

I do use these in the morphological glosses. I remain hesitant about the
stylistic beauty of using them as designations of (values of) a
grammatical category in the running text. However, being no native
speaker, I will give way to competent intuition.

--

Prof. em. Dr. Christian Lehmann
Rudolfstr. 4

Tel.: 	+49/361/2113417