[Lingtyp] 'until' clauses in Africa

Joey Lovestrand joeylovestrand at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 20:48:29 UTC 2022

I've also heard French speakers in Chad use the word *jusqu'à* on it's own
(no complement of any kind) to mean "for a very long time". This usage is
apparently attested in other countries as well:

https://www.dictionnairedesfrancophones.org/form/jusqu'%C3%A0/sense/inv%3Aentry%2F2847%2Fen%2F0%2Fls%2F1

Joey