[Sealang-l] Fwd: 11th International Conference on Austroasiatic Linguistics [8-29-23 deadline]

Doug Cooper doug.cooper.thailand at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 11:58:52 UTC 2023

Deadline August 29, 2023

From: Paul Sidwell <icaal.ps at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Aug 19, 2023 at 5:49 PM

Dear Colleagues
If you have not already done so, I cordially invite you to submit an
abstract for the forthcoming 11thInternational Conference on Austroasiatic
Linguistics which will be hosted by Chiang Mai University (Thailand) October
26-27, 2023. The conference will be held entirely online, via Zoom. The
full call can be found on the website at: icaal.net/icaal-11-2023-
<http://icaal.net/icaal-11-2023-online>online
<http://icaal.net/icaal-11-2023-online>.
<http://icaal.net/icaal-11-2023-online>

I would also take this occasion to reflect on the recent passing of our
friend Gérard Diffloth on August 14, 2023 in Surin. Gérard was a
contributor to ICAAL from its first meeting in 1973 and over half a
century made fundamental contributions to AA studies. At the ICAAL meeting
I will propose that a tribute volume be compiled and I will invite others
to join in the editing task. If you wish to contribute to the volume
(whether or not you will participate in ICAAL 11) please feel free to
respond to this email to register your expression of interest.

Sincerely
Paul Sidwell
For ICAAL 11 organising committee