AW: What? No BSL?

Stefan Woehrmann stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE
Sat Sep 6 13:13:50 UTC 2003

Hi Sandy and all , --

I like this idea to start with a set of signs that would lead newcomers from
all different countries and SL into the world of reading SW.

I would like to share different concept.

In the past I offered lots of different presentations, workshops and lessons
in SW. From my point of view it is very helpful for beginners to learn to
read movements and handshapes - but not to find signs that are already
familiar to them. (This would be a good second step !)

Since SignWriting is an international movementwriting system there are
movements and body-expressions that should be performed all the same all
over the world.
I offer a teaching - document for beginners. You can make printouts, cut the
signs into pieces and prepare easy to read flashcards.
What do you think ??